Akuna Bay Cruising Club

Kim's Diary - Week 12

Tuesday 31 July, 2007

Monday 23 July 2007
Dee Why 5.00pm
On the treadmill, 5 mins @ 11kph, 5 mins @ 12 kph, 5 mins @ 13 kph. Jump off and die.. Cross Trainer for 15 mins with resistance increasing every 5 mins. Jump off and die..1 hour boxing with Bow.

Tuesday 24 July 2007
Pyrmont 6.30pm
Aah, the sea anchor by way of resistance training. Well, I paddled like a pig tonight. I had stomach cramps and that really buggers up your technique when they take hold. I was splashing like a paddle steamer but I couldn't give a stuff. A night's training that is better forgotten.

Wednesday 25 July 2007
6.30am Dee Why
Penny with Bow, stairs, legs, leg press, leg extensions, cardio, running on the treadmill with the incline set at 13, I HATE that with a passion. Bow, however, trained the house down. I was very proud of her.

Thursday 26 July 2007
11am Dee Why
Penny with Sue, stairs, boxing, stairs, push ups, stairs, boxing, then triceps, dips, sweat, puffing, groaning. 8 weeks to go....

6.30pm Pyrmont
Another attempt at the erg machine over 1000m. This time on my right (weaker) side I pulled 6 minutes flat. Then out in the boats with mixed crews for a short sharp session. A very mild night, sometimes winter in this country is a joke, really! Out of the boats and much anticipation for the weekend away at Myall Lakes.

Friday 27 July 2007 (my birthday)
Up to Myall Lakes for the weekend of Dragon Boat bonding. We split into groups and all agree that we all (about 60 of us) want to get to know each other better, because honestly, at this stage, we hardly know each others names, let alone, what we do, families, number of kids etc, etc, etc. We can't really call ourselves a team yet.

Saturday and Sunday 28 and 29 July
The weekend was made up of boat training x 3, a seminar of Drugs in Sport and learning that we are at a level where we can expect to be drug tested. We had 45 mins of Pilates then off to dinner at the restaurant which was surprisingly a "Xmas in July". We had two courses then out of the restaurant for a Trivia Night which was an absolute HOOT. I laughed so hard, I was crying. Our team was named "Hoof-Hearted" and we played some silly games that just had us all in stitches. By the end of the weekend, many barriers had been broken down and there was much hugging and kissing goodbye. Now, I think as a team, we will really be able to move forward over the next 7 weeks towards September. I've come back just completely pumped and fired up for the rest of the campaign.